AUSTINS FITTEST LINK AUSTIN FIT MAGAZINE
If you think your fit Crossfit Central would like to challenge you to a FIGHT GONE BAD. This workout is modeled after a MMA fight 3 Five minute rounds one minute rest in between. We will have a free workout Saturday August 11th at Crossfit Centrals Gym. Workout will start at 830am. This invitation is to any one and every one. If you need a scaled version no problem.
Coaches Jim Cawley, and Bruce Evans of Dynamax are the original sources for our ten general physical skills required of optimal physical competence:
1. Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance – the ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen
2. Stamina – the ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
3. Strength – the ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units to apply force.
4. Flexibility – the ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
5. Power – the ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
6. Speed – the ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
7. Coordination – the ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movements.
8. Agility – the ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
9. Balance – the ability to control the placement of the body’s center of gravity in relation to its support base.
10. Accuracy – the ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.